expert legal advice by expert team
Over twenty-seven years of legal experience
University of Chicago, J.D.
University of Texas at Austin, Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, MPA
Wake Forest University, B.A.
- Attorney of record in cases resulting in over twenty published decisions;
- Litigated hundreds of cases in federal district court;
- Litigated over 80 civil appeals before the United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals;
- Handled numerous cases involving claims of various types of discrimination, including age discrimination, race discrimination, religious discrimination, disability discrimination, sex discrimination and national origin discrimination;
Jocelyn Burton is the principal of Burton Employment Law. She has litigated over 100 employment matters for individuals, corporations, the federal government and local governments.
Case Western Reserve School of Law, J.D.
- CALI Award for highest grade in torts
- Best Brief Writer and Oralist, Robert F. Wagner National Labor And Employment Law Moot Court Team
- Brief Writer, Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Team
- Co-founder and Managing Editor, Journal of Law, Technology & the Internet
University of California at Berkeley, B.A.
Prior to joining Burton Employment Law in 2015, Scott Nakama was the founder of a start-up social media polling company.